Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Trim Healthy Tuesdays: Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole S



    There's a few Chicken and Cauliflower casseroles, floating around the THM Pinterest pages. I really like the look of this one but I decided to give it a few little twists of my own! If your chicken is pre-cooked like mine (I usually make a big batch of chicken in my electric pressure cooker once a week and then store it in the fridge for quick meals) this meal will take about thirty minutes total for prep and cooking!


     Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1 16 oz. pkg frozen cauliflower (you could use fresh if you have it)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a cheddar and mozarella mix)
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsp onion powder
3/4 cup mini pepperoni (you could used chopped turkey bacon or sausage if you are opposed to pepperoni)
1/2 cup cream 
1 egg
salt, pepper and dried parsley flakes

Preheat oven to 350 mix all the ingredient together except for the 1/2 the cheese and the dried parsley.I did not thaw the cauliflower I just mixed it in frozen. 

 Place in a glass baking pan (I didn't grease mine, I found there was enough liquid in the frozen cauliflower that it didn't stick.) and top with extra cheese and parsley flakes. I cooked mine uncovered for 30 minutes until the everything was hot and bubbly. (cooking uncovered allows the frozen cauliflower to release some moisture into the stove without causing a very wet dish)
 This meal turned out VERY yummy and everyone ate it!! It served our family of 6 (including the baby) with 3 family members having seconds and no leftovers!
    
It was a super simple, yummy and fast!! Can't beat that! =)
  

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for the Truth in Tinsel Advent e-book!

This post is linked up on Trim Healthy Tuesdays

13 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy! My family does not enjoy cauliflower but this might work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I hope they do love it! My four all ate it, even my picky guys who usually would pick through and just eat the meat and cheese =) I'd love to hear if your family liked it!!!

      Delete
  2. My kids really can't stand cauliflower (and honestly, I can't choke it down myself), but I'm working on it. The photo you took of this casserole looks SO GOOD that I think I'm going to actually add this to our menu plan next week ... it's THAT tempting to a family who can't stand the main ingredient, LOL. Thanks for inspiring us to try again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks Lisa Grace! I really appreciate the compliment- seriously! If I had someone in my family who really disliked cauliflower I might add in an extra step and throw the frozen cauliflower in the food processor for a few seconds so it was smaller pieces and less discernible as cauliflower =) I hope you love it!!

      Delete
  3. I wish I would have seen this yesterday. It would have been PERFECT for my leftover turkey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to make it with my left over turkey as well, but I misjudged how much turkey my growing boys would eat this year and had hardly ANY left over! =)

      Delete
  4. Looks yummy! I've been craving a rich and cheesy casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good! It's on my list to make for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you pre-cook the pepperoni? Was it greasy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't pre-cook it. I used the smaller, somewhat thicker pepperoni and I didn't find it to be especially greasy. =)

      Delete
  7. Just made this with bacon and ohh my goodness it was good! It is going in the S meals rotation =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it!!! It's one of our favorites as well! =)

      Delete
  8. Have you tried adding some broccoli to it? I bet that would be good!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and get to know you better! "He who restrains his words has knowledge,
And he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding." Prov 17:27
If your comments are insulting, rude or inflammatory, they will be deleted.