Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Trim Healthy Tuesdays: Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole S



    There's a few Chicken and Cauliflower casseroles, floating around the THM Pinterest pages. I really like the look of this one but I decided to give it a few little twists of my own! If your chicken is pre-cooked like mine (I usually make a big batch of chicken in my electric pressure cooker once a week and then store it in the fridge for quick meals) this meal will take about thirty minutes total for prep and cooking!

 photo ChickenandCauliflowercasserolePin.jpg

     Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1 16 oz. pkg frozen cauliflower (you could use fresh if you have it)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a cheddar and mozarella mix)
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsp onion powder
3/4 cup mini pepperoni (you could used chopped turkey bacon or sausage if you are opposed to pepperoni)
1/2 cup cream 
1 egg
salt, pepper and dried parsley flakes

Preheat oven to 350 mix all the ingredient together except for the 1/2 the cheese and the dried parsley.I did not thaw the cauliflower I just mixed it in frozen. 


 Place in a glass baking pan (I didn't grease mine, I found there was enough liquid in the frozen cauliflower that it didn't stick.) and top with extra cheese and parsley flakes. I cooked mine uncovered for 30 minutes until the everything was hot and bubbly. (cooking uncovered allows the frozen cauliflower to release some moisture into the stove without causing a very wet dish)


 This meal turned out VERY yummy and everyone ate it!! It served our family of 6 (including the baby) with 3 family members having seconds and no leftovers!
    
It was a super simple, yummy and fast!! Can't beat that! =)
  



This post is linked up on Trim Healthy Tuesdays

17 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy! My family does not enjoy cauliflower but this might work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I hope they do love it! My four all ate it, even my picky guys who usually would pick through and just eat the meat and cheese =) I'd love to hear if your family liked it!!!

      Delete
  2. My kids really can't stand cauliflower (and honestly, I can't choke it down myself), but I'm working on it. The photo you took of this casserole looks SO GOOD that I think I'm going to actually add this to our menu plan next week ... it's THAT tempting to a family who can't stand the main ingredient, LOL. Thanks for inspiring us to try again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks Lisa Grace! I really appreciate the compliment- seriously! If I had someone in my family who really disliked cauliflower I might add in an extra step and throw the frozen cauliflower in the food processor for a few seconds so it was smaller pieces and less discernible as cauliflower =) I hope you love it!!

      Delete
  3. I wish I would have seen this yesterday. It would have been PERFECT for my leftover turkey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to make it with my left over turkey as well, but I misjudged how much turkey my growing boys would eat this year and had hardly ANY left over! =)

      Delete
  4. Looks yummy! I've been craving a rich and cheesy casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good! It's on my list to make for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you pre-cook the pepperoni? Was it greasy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't pre-cook it. I used the smaller, somewhat thicker pepperoni and I didn't find it to be especially greasy. =)

      Delete
  7. Just made this with bacon and ohh my goodness it was good! It is going in the S meals rotation =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it!!! It's one of our favorites as well! =)

      Delete
  8. Have you tried adding some broccoli to it? I bet that would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can milk be used instead of cream?
    I don't have any cream on hand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are following Trim healthy Mama and want to keep this an "S" meal, then no, you can't substitute milk for cream. Milk has a lot more carbs than cream does (which is mostly just fat). You could probably use almond milk, but I haven't tried it like that so I can't vouch for how it would taste =)

      Delete
  10. This was terrific! Even my very-picky 16-year-old son enjoyed it. He even took thirds! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you all liked it!! I truly appreciate the feedback, Thanks Kathy! =)

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts and get to know you better! "He who restrains his words has knowledge,
And he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding." Prov 17:27
If your comments are insulting, rude or inflammatory, they will be deleted.