Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Trim HealthyTuesday: Apple Cinnamon Granola (E)

Yeah! My first Trim Healthy Mama post! This is a quick an easy E (energizing) breakfast that won't spike your blood sugar. (if you are interested in learning more about the Trim Healthy Mama Book go check out Gwen's book review about it!) THM is all about separating your fuel sources to loose weight, and IT WORKS, I've lost over 40 pounds so far. One of the main reasons it works for me, is because I can still eat dessert(and lots of yummy healthy fat in a S-satisifying meal setting!) and loose weight! (life without dessert? no way!) This breakfast also works as a yummy dessert just add a little Fat free Reddi Whip on top ;)
 
Apple-Cinnamon Granola- E
 
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Ezekiel 4:9 cereal (original only)
1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt (I like Chobani)
1/2 an apple
1/2 tsp maple flavoring
2 tsp Truvia (or a few sprinkles of stevia to taste)
Cinnamon to taste
 
Add 1/2 cup of Ezekiel cereal to your bowl
and top with one tsp Truvia, sprinkle with cinnamon to taste (nutmeg or cardamom might be nice here as well!)
 
In a separate bowl (or all in the same bowl if your in a rush) add 1/2 a cup of Greek yogurt, 1/2 tsp maple flavoring, and 1 tsp Truvia
Mix well
 
Dice half and apple
 
 
Add yogurt to your granola
 
Add the apple on top (and giggle with your kids over the reference to this book)
 
 
Mix together and enjoy!!
 

 


 

 
(for easier printing)
Apple-Cinnamon Granola- E
 
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Ezekiel 4:9 cereal (original only)
1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt (I like Chobani)
1/2 an apple
1/2 tsp maple flavoring
2 tsp Truvia (or a few sprinkles of stevia to taste)
Cinnamon to taste
 
Add 1/2 cup of Ezekiel cereal to your bowl and top with one tsp Truvia, sprinkle with cinnamon to taste (nutmeg or cardamom might be nice here as well!) In a separate bowl (or all in the same bowl if your in a rush) add 1/2 a cup of Greek yogurt, 1/2 tsp maple flavoring, and 1 tsp Truvia. Mix well. Dice half and apple. Add yogurt to your granola and add the apple on top,mix together and enjoy!!
 

 

 


 

 

 

Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a felt food set! 


4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried that cereal yet - every time I go to Kroger, the shelf is empty. Must be a lot of THMs in my area. :-)
    Thanks for linking at Trim Healthy Tuesday!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Stacy! I have only found the Ezekiel cereal at Winn Dixie here. I feel like there must be a lot of THM's here too every time I see all the coconut oil sold out at Walmart =)

      Delete
  2. Hey Dakota, I'm Kristy, a fellow THM mama. I wanted to tell you that I loved this recipe and just blogged about it, linking it to you! :) Thanks for posting it!! I'm always in need of a good E meal!!
    http://littlecountrycabin.blogspot.com/2013/10/apple-cinnamon-granola-e.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristy!! I'm so glad you liked it!! I agree, a fast E breakfast is a wonderful thing =)

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts and get to know you better! "He who restrains his words has knowledge,
And he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding." Prov 17:27
If your comments are insulting, rude or inflammatory, they will be deleted.